At Illiana Gymnastics Complex we will...
- Create a support system around the participants. The support system consists of the coaches, families, and the
other participants. The more support a child receives the happier and more confident he or she will become.
- Obtain open communication between the families and coaches. Management and coaches will be available to answer questions as well as give advice on how to achieve independent goals whether it is a cartwheel, a handstand, a pull-over on the bars, or even a back-handspring.
- Create a fun-learning environment. Coaches will create games to achieve goals. We will tell appropriate jokes to get
them to laugh.
- We will encourage through positive reinforcement, hugs, high-fives, and occasional jumping up and down when they are close to a skill or they achieve their skill.
- Create new opportunities to achieve a goal. Nobody likes to do the same thing over and over again. Coaches will create new drills, games, or even new explanations to help participants feel accomplished. We want all participants to feel accomplished!